Monday, May 16, 2011

Facilitating Projects

Which strategy from the Facilitating Projects materials do I plan to use?

I really like the idea of having a project at the begining of the unit rather than only at the end. I believe that doing some sort of project, whether research based or just a survey, would help the students to be more connected to the work and might, therefore, be able to help them have more invested in their learning.

I will continue to assign projects during and after the units, but will do my best to vary the 21st century skills accessed and to give more options in what types of projects can be used.

Also, I hope to incorporate web-based surveys for feed-back during and after the projects. I think that this will help make connections for the students and help them go a little deeper with their thinking.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you 100%. I think that the more they have to get involved in the beginning, the more they'll own the topic for the project.

    ReplyDelete